The primary role of the Engineering Manager is to lead the team in support of the overall strategic goals established by the Board of Directors. The Engineering Manager will work in concert with sales and customer service leadership to ensure the customer demands are achieved and new market opportunities are maximized. The Engineering Manager will lead the product development activities, organize and develop product support processes, and provide technical support training for company staff and customers. This position is responsible for all Engineering budgeting.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for ensuring the technical and service capabilities, resources, personnel, products, and operating structure are maximized to support all client demands. The Engineering Manager will work to enhance the current organization to a higher level of development and service capability, while ensuring the quality and customer experiences are maintained the highest levels. The manager will provide the Vice President, Engineering, Tech Services, and Innovation (ETSI) with an organization that can match the demand of commercial customers across all targeted industry verticals. This role will work with all members of the organization and executive team.
Full-time position at Moser Energy System’s Headquarters in Casper, WY with approximately 20% travel.
Key responsibilities include:
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for establishing defined KPIs and striving to evolve the current culture to one of a goal and data driven environment. This leader will take a good organization and make it better through the establishment of processes and systems centered on profitability and achieving measurable results. A primary responsible of the manager will be optimizing the performance and utilization of all Moser power products while ensuring quality, safety, and service excellence goals are achieved.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for:
- Serve as a direct report to the VP, ETSI.
- Working across all organizational lines and disciplines to support the sales and customer success operations, production and marketing disciplines of the company, and that they are working in concert with the engineering, and product development capabilities of the enterprise.
- Lead monitoring and evaluation of fleet issues for trends, actions and improvements.
- Develop product data management, tracking, and reporting.
• Monitor field issue and lessons learned to drive continuous product improvement.
- Validateproductprocessesandsystemstomaximizequality,reliability, performance, and safety.
- Assist in establishing strategic partnerships with businesses and organizations with complimentary products, services, and competencies.
- Lead in establishing Moser as a learning organization.
- Provide annual plans and budgets in support of the overall strategic budget and goals, established by the VP ETSI, CEO and Board of Directors.
- Play a lead role in management meetings, presenting relevant technical presentations and updates.
- Develop strong relationships with Field/Regional/Account management, as well as direct customer interaction.
- Provide assigned staff with ongoing feedback, direction, and guidance to ensure informed, motivated, engaged, and productive workgroup.
- Ensure quality control of all company output as it pertains to customer interaction, technical credibility, and delivery of products and services.
- Establish operational and/or performance goals that are aggressive, achievable, and tied to long-term goals.
- Establish and monitor performance-reporting systems. Monitor department performance against goals to ensure that objectives are being met and on time.
- This position must operate as a strategic and tactical leader for the Company in managing, mentoring, and leading.
- Create and manage an ongoing operational improvement program identifying, and assessing process and procedural improvements, with the goal, of increasing profitability, and reducing costs, while maintaining quality.
- Must be adept and passionate at managing a “team driven” environment, with a committed group of professionals, who truly care about the company, its history, and future.
- Understanding each market area’s current and needed resources to serve client demands.
- Maintain accountability and compliance standards within all departments.
- Understand the competitive landscape and processes to ensure “best-in-class” results.
- Evaluate the Company’s current team making suggestions for additional hiring needs, and top-grading needs as applicable.
An undergraduate degree in engineering or related field is required.
- Minimum professional experience; 10-15 years.
- Prior experience as manager of a technical or engineering team within an industrial manufacturing or power systems company providing energy products and services to customers is preferred.
- Experience within a production environment that includes building a strong after-market and service business is essential.
- Experience scaling and building-out engineering or technical support teams, processes, and systems.
- Systematic, organized, and process-driven leader.
- Have the experience to understand financial structures to lead engineering, planning financial resources in the fulfillment of an annual operating plane.
- Stay abreast of needs and perspectives of customers and markets. Tales actions that benefit them and the business. Assigns high priority to customer satisfaction, including internal and external customers.
- Open-minded, creative thinker and driving force.
- Diligent manager of timelines and tasks with a proactive management style on following up.
- Constant communicator, especially in situations that require guidance or advice pertaining to ensuring customer demands are achieved.
- Personally responsible for meeting commitments and getting results. Ensures that expectations are clear and results are achieved.
- Works to improve individual and organizational performance; is a self-starter addressing current opportunities or problems, shows persistence,, promotes initiative in others.
Personal Skills and Attributes:
- Has the courage to challenge conventional thinking, perseveres in difficult and changing situations.
- Acts decisively to solve problems and create a path to solutions, empowers others to act.
- Help others and leads in navigating change and uncertainty toward a desired future vision.
- Knows the business and is motivated by its mission, strategy, brands, and financial drivers.
- Demonstrates an enterprise mindset and ensures the team supports the needs of the broader business.
- A professional of the highest personal integrity who honors his or her commitments and always strives for excellence.